The objective of the Society is to organize, enhance and coordinate the activity of doctors specializing in the field of pulmonology, allergy and clinical immunology.
Principal activities and tasks:
• to organize pulmonary, allergy immunology and phtysiatric treatment for adults and children in Lithuania;
• to collect information and conduct the studies about the level of treatment of pulmonary, allergy, immunology and phtysiatric diseases among adults and children; to provide with recommendations or make other contributions into the improvement of the treatment process;
• to coordinate the improvement of professional skills of members of the Society; to give references for license delivery;
• to organize meetings, conferences, seminars, symposia for the Society members; to continue the training courses on the diagnostics, treatment and rehabilitation period of the disorders of respiratory system, allergic diseases and immunology disorders;
• to prepare recommendations of the Society for the treatment of adults and children and apply them practically;
• to study the demand for doctors of children and adults – pulmonologists, allergists, clinical immunologists, phtysiatricians – and provide them with appropriate references;
• to prepare periodicals and single publications dealing with pulmonology, allergy and clinical immunology; if possible, to provide with a financial support the publication of scientific monograms, manuals, methodical textbooks;
• to develop international cooperation and relations with other associations, public organizations and institutions;
• to recommend the Society members for the internship, scientific conferences, seminars, practical training in Lithuanian and foreign institutions of science;
• to nominate candidates meritorious for Lithuanian medicine to nominal, national and other prizes and awards;
• to take part in the solution of profession-related problems of the Society members;
• in order to guarantee the activity specified in the regulations, to hire people and pay them for their work from the Society funds;
• to gain property and accumulate funds in order to ensure the activity of the Society specified in the regulations.